Marketing is the engine that pulls the train. After going through all the other Success Topics in our business guide, and making a decision about your business direction, you will now concentrate on Salesmanship and Marketing, the daily effort and decisions that will make your business prosper. This Success Topic discusses all the steps, strategy & scenarios you will consider and make to build your business:
- The First Impression: – Most Important — What does your customer see and feel at the first meeting, how do your sale representatives communicate. This Success Topic will go into great detail on possible actions you can take.
- Market and Market Share: – Where are you now and where must you be to succeed.
- Marketing and Sales:- of the Company: Back to the First Impression. Requires constant training and reinforcement- of the Product: Know the Value, the Benefits and the Need for the product(s) you sell- of the Brand: Your business is your Brand. Does your customer think of you when a similar product or company calls on him.
- Mechanics of a sale: Every sales action is a preparation for the close. This Success Topic walks you through the sale and gives various closing techniques that will enhance your sales efforts and business communication through the process of closing.
- Price: This portion of our business guide underscores the importance business strategy and provides an understanding of how to price your product(s). You will learn how to understand the variables of your business and how they relate directly to the price. You will learn how to discern the importance, of price to value, as seen through the customer’s eyes.
- Marketing for Maximum Profit: This Success Topic will discuss the various costs you control in your marketing strategies. Decisions you make on Advertising, Packaging, Services, Warranties, Inventory, Delivery, Location, etc., etc., etc. will all have a immediate & direct effect on your bottom line. Success Topic 10 aids in guiding you through and helps to establish a sound, profitable operation while creating your business plan.
Simply stated, Marketing is a plan of action to produce a predetermined profit, within a given time period, from the operation of a business. Sales is the execution of that plan.